Monday, October 29, 2012

When Harry Met Sally


Chris was the type of guy who so badly wanted a girlfriend in high school only to find he was every girls best guy friend. As parents we gave our son the only advice any parent could, "Don't worry about girls. Study hard so you can get into a Good College."


The Good College goal accomplished, Chris was determined to be one half of a couple before the end of the first week. A different girl was brought home for dinner four nights in a row, each one not the right one.


And then on the last day of the week, Chris looked across his Place to Be for the next four years and spotted of all things, a girl theater stage hand wielding a hammer as he would himself. He lay down his electrical lighting cable and approached the girl.


"I think you're kind of cute!" And the girl said,


"I think you're kinda cute, too!"


It was True Love at First Sight. Now if only he could get up the courage to Kiss the Girl. An out of the way spot was needed on a campus where your business was everybody's business. The seldom used Computer Lab, the perfect place to be alone.


Everyone had their own computer! The only people who ever came to the lab were the College Tour Guides.


"We provide the finest facilities here at Ohio Wesleyan for all your student's needs." A light switch turned on.


A first kiss to always remember. The day Harry Met Sally.

Chris and Tammy will celebrate their third Wedding Anniversary on Halloween. They are still as much in love as the last day of the first week of college, and they are still talked about on each College Tour!


For Personal Use Only, Please.

25 comments:

Jane said...

Sweet story! Happy Anniversary to Tammy and Chris!

RetroSandie said...

Such a cute story! I love the way your Christmas candles stood in for Harry and Sally. LOL! Congrats on their Big 3rd!!!!

(You have been a busy bee indeed!)

XO-Sandie

Unknown said...

Another heart warming story from E!! Love the Christmas candles too. BTW...When Harry Met Sally..one of my favority movies!!

chris

Diane Mars said...

Darling felt Candles... I spy a little pinecone snowman heee... ox, Diane

vivian said...

sweet story elizabeth... and OMG... those stinking candles!! freaken adorable!
happy windy day. I hope the storm didnt cause any serious problems there.
xoxo
vivian

Musings from Kim K. said...

Darling story. Darling creations. Happy Anniversary to the happy couple!

LBP said...

Love the story and I've gotta make those candles! They are just adorable. My DS is now dating a girl who approached him in the same manner. Just before class she walked up to him and said I think you are so cute! They have been dating a month now!

Blessings

Linda

Anonymous said...

Those candles are so cute and evidently, So are Chris and Tammy! :)

My Vintage Mending said...

I do love a great love story and when you add in such beautiful eye candy...all the better. Smiles...Renee

Kathy @ Creative Home Expressions said...

Your sparkler pattern makes for great Christmas candles, Elizabeth. I also love your little shadowboxes. I am going to have to try one of those this year. Such a cute love story! Happy Anniversary to your son and daughter-in-law.

Cindy said...

I love those little shadowboxes! And your candles are so cute. It's great to share those early "getting together" stories. My husband and I love to think back to what happened 32 years ago:)

The Checkered Apple said...

It's such a delight to see your wonderful and creative projects along with your posts. They always bring a smile to my day! Thanks!

Melony said...

I love your work and this is such as great, romantic story. Thanks for sharing.

www.mel-designs.typepad.com

http://mel-designs.typepad.com/my-blog/2010/09/shadowbox-napkin-ring-tutorial.html

Melony said...

I love your work and this is such as great, romantic story. Thanks for sharing.

www.mel-designs.typepad.com

http://mel-designs.typepad.com/my-blog/2010/09/shadowbox-napkin-ring-tutorial.html

Old Fashioned Gal said...

I love that movie and I love this story! So sweet! :)
-Denise

Denise said...

Such Romance!

GARAGE SALE GAL said...

WOW, already 3 years of wedded bless!
Love the Christmas candle couple! Thanks for the smiles when I visit your blog!
Warmly,
deb

Little Susie Home Maker said...

There are always so many wonderful stories, and so many wonderful visions. when I visit you blog I am always amazed. I don't always comment, but my mind is left with a wonderful impression, of a person who must be filled with with beautiful vision. Thanks for all you inspirational posts.
Blessings,
Susie

donna said...

That is such a sweet and happy story. Happy Anniversary to them.
Hugs
donna

Ina said...

How sweet! ;p

helena said...

Thankyou for sharing such a wonderful sweet candles and story.

craftyles said...

Love those little candles! Cute story too!

deede said...

Excellent work as always--please keep it up! I check your blog daily and FINALLY found you on pinterest, so I'll keep in touch that way.
You have such talent!
Take care,
deede

Anonymous said...

Hello dear, Elizabeth!
Just looking through your old Christmas crafting posts for fun!
I love you!

voyance par mail gratuite said...

Awesome ! Thank you for this article, as comprehensive and truly relevant usual!