Sunday, May 10, 2009

Elizabeth's Chenille Bluebird


I think these little bluebirds could be used for so many different crafts from gift tags to ornaments to a little something on top of a mushroom. No sewing involved, Just a pair of wire cutters, a pencil, 2 pipe cleaner stems and Tacky Glue.



Step 1: Cut pipe stems in half. Make "M" shape at one end, circle shape at other. Pinch circle into triangle shape.
Step 2: Coil pipe stem around pencil. Pinch tail closed and slip rings over.
Step 3: About 1" down sharpened pencil, coil pipe stem towards point. Slip onto head. Pinch between thumb and first finger to flatten point into rounded shape.
Step 5: Fold pipe stem ends towards center, pinch closed. Slip between coils of body.
Step 6: Glue eyes, beak, and flower to bluebird. Paper or felt could be used.


11 comments:

Pieceful Bits said...

Elizabeth,
beautiful flowers..good thing you answered the door!
(~~)
Julie

Scrap for Joy said...

How sweet to have a surprise delivered to your door. The flowers look lovely on your table..I'm sure you will be happy to have your sweetie home tonight. I love your little bluebird...I'm saving the directions to make one. Have a nice evening.
xoxo
Joyce

Carla said...

Little bird is cute and the flowers are beautiful!

Anonymous said...

Thank you for showing how to make that sweet little bluebird. I can't wait to give it a go. It sounds like you had a nice evening.
XO~Bekah
ps I love the Amazing Race too!

Unknown said...

Hey E. Thanks for telling me where to look. I can't wait to make a few. Your tutorials are so clear and easy to follow. Thank you for being such a kind and generous person.

Hugs...Tracy :)

Laura said...

That little bird is adorable!

s lyle said...

I just discovered your blog today and it is just adorable! I love Valentines too and these little blue birds will be a perfect addition to my cards!!

Keri F said...

Hi Elizabeth. Just found you via Pretty Little Handmades blog and love your tutorial for the bluebird. I will give them a try this weekend. Thank you for the beautiful pictures and lovely ideas.

Keri F said...

Hi Elizabeth. Just found you via Pretty Little Handmades blog and love your tutorial for the bluebird. I will give them a try this weekend. Thank you for the beautiful pictures and lovely ideas.

voyance par mail said...

This is such a great resource that you are providing and you give it away for free. I love seeing websites that understand the value of providing a quality resource for free.

Julia said...

Thank you very much for all your proposals on this site. Your shares are very interesting and very enriching. Congratulations.

voyance mail gratuite