Thursday, September 9, 2010

Peppermint Santa Clause

Oh My Goodness! Sometimes I overwhelm myself with cuteness. I am always so surprised by the characters that appear before my eyes as I take stitches not knowing quite where they will lead. A Peppermint Santa Clause to share with you!


Click on Image, File, Print Preview, choose the size that is right for you, Print. (your circles should be round, lol!)
HEAD:  Hold beard piece in place to determine position for eyes, two strands floss. (I stitch the cheeks first making it easy to center eyes.) Button stitch 3/4" strip of flesh to face front and back, stuffing with fiberfill just before closing. Stitch mouth, Tack stitch beard in place, tack stitch mustache.

TRIM:  One inch strips of white felt are cut slightly longer than hat edge piece. Strips are cut in half lengthwise and stacked on topped of each other, 4 in all. One long edge is button stitched to hold pieces together. Each strip is snipped at 1/8" intervals without cutting button stitches.  HAT: Form cone shape, button stitch from bottom edge towards top, folding under point of hat and also catching cut strips of white felt for hat pom. Trim is tack stitched to hat. Hat can be hot glued or stitched to head at a jaunty angle.

Head is tack stitched to body until secure.

TRIM: A short and long strip of created trim are tacked to one red coat front. I have saved these vintage shiny buttons for just the right project, this is the one! Button stitch a one inch strip of red around body front. Button stitch to body back stuffing with fiberfill just before closing. Small snips are made on side strip for arms and legs.

Peppermint arms and legs are created by twisting red and white chenille stems together, cut length in half, insert into small opening until desired length is exposed. MITTEN: Button stitch sides, slip over arm, button stitch closed.

FEET: Cut small slits near back edge of shoes. Button stitch shoes closed, insert legs which are bent at right angles at ankles, tack stitch to secure legs.

Oh My Goodness Again! This Peppermint Santa is sweeter than sweet!

He looks perfectly at home with other craft room creations awaiting their special holiday.

16 comments:

ImagiMeri said...

Dearest E,

I THOUGHT YOU WERE TAKING A BREAK BECAUSE OF THE PUPPY!!!! I don't think you know the meaning.....LOL

That Santa is stinkin' cute, I love him. Hopefully I can make one someday, as I have a Santa collection I display every Christmas. I'm sending off your package today, so you should see it by next week.

Love ya'
Meri

Kathy @ Creative Home Expressions said...

I almost wish you had an Etsy or shop online, Elizabeth! I think my house would be filled with your creations. Realistically, I know that I could never do these for myself, so I truly enjoy visiting your blog and seeing them all. This visit, however, I did notice that glass framed piece behind all your Christmas pieces. Did you make that? It's just lovely and I think it makes a great backdrop to your creations.

Angela said...

He's very jolly!! You make the faces so cute! I really like the way you did that sleigh bells picture behind them on the glass.

Happy@Home said...

I just saw his adorable face on my sidebar and couldn't get here fast enough to see him in his entirety. Oh.my.gosh I think you might have outdone yourself. Forget Disneyland ~ I think your craft room must be the happiest place on earth.

sassypackrat said...

Oh he's so sweet! I do hope you make a reindeer too. I'm going to make the Santa, snowman and hopefully the reindeer for my mom's mantle this year, she'll love them!

Elizabeth and Gary said...

Love him and his name Peppermint Santa Clause! I believe you just brought him to life out of your imagination! I think I will try to make Peppermint Santa Clause.. When I do I will send you his photo..
Thank you for sharing your pattern.
Have a sweet day and hugs to you~Elizabeth

Val said...

Adorable Santa, and what a pretty Morning Glory. I love Morning Glories. 'Hope you're having a good day. :)

Hearts Turned said...

Oh, my goodness, indeed, Elizabeth! I think he's one of your cutest ever (is that possible???)

Love your memorial Morning Glories, too...I always have special plants like that ...makes me happy!

Hope your day is filled with every wonderful thing, my friend!

Julie

Debby said...

Oh that Santa is adorable.
I saw where you choose yor winner. I hurried yesterday to get a box done and haven't gotten it posted. I am sad that I missed out.
I will still post it for the CHristmas box swap.
Boo Hoo, loved your Christmas garland.

Nan said...

I printed your cute little Santa off I now have a collection of Elizabeth pattern in a folder. I actually was starting to work on a soldier boy the kind you see at Christmas in glass ornaments. I was saying to myself, now Elizabeth would do a really outstanding job on this face so Nan try and do better so you can show her !!!

laurie -magpie ethel said...

You should be overwhelmed with cuteness as that Santa takes the cuteness cake. You have a way with felt and needle that is just amazing!
ho, ho, ho...cute, cute, cute!

Debbie/MO said...

Adorable, simply adorable. Where do you get all these ideas.....

Little Messy Missy said...

So sweet!!!

Elyse said...

so adorable. i think my favorite part is the little pale blue mittens! sweet.

xo
elyse

Anonymous said...

Perfect! His beard reminds me of the Santa from rudolph! ♥

susane said...

Very nice blog, thank you for the details on the shots, it will make me progress.

Consultation voyance gratuite