Sunday, September 12, 2010

Peppermint Reindeer


The first holiday season that I worked for Gooseberry Patch, I became so caught up in selling Christmas day in and out that I completely forgot to prepare my own home to celebrate. I promise to set aside all of this wintry crafting the day I turn my calendar page to October. In the meantime, how cute are these Santa's helpers!



Click on image, File, Print Preview, choose size right for you, Print.


HEAD: Eyes are beads tacked on, (french knots could be used as well), a floral stamen was used for nose (satin stitch a choice, too). Ears can be cut by hand. Fold in half and tack stitch bottom edges creating indentation. Tack stitch in place on face front. Button stitch 1/2" strip around face beginning at nose. Catch ears and floral stamen antlers (found in wedding section of craft store). Button stitch head back, stuffing with fiberfill before last stitches taken.


CHENILLE:  Peppermint legs and tail are created by twisting red and white chenille stems together. Tail is created by bending end over, create a right angle to insert into body.
BODY: Slightly overlap body piece, button stitch closed. With same thread button stitch one end circle in place. Stuff body firmly, button stitch back end circle catching tail right angle opposite belly stitch line.


ASSEMBLE: Using small sharp scissors cut very small opening to insert twisted stem until it touches back of body, trim to desired length. Repeat for remaining legs.


Heads are tacked in place with stitches hidden between pieces. Bow and trim tacked in place as well. How cute are these little reindeer!


Peppermint Snowflakes made my first year of blogging from a tutorial found on my most favorite crafting mentor, Jenny B. of Allsorts blog.


A Countdown to Christmas Peppermint Heart just because once you make one reindeer, it's hard to stop!


This Jolly Old Elf seems especially happy to have helpers now.



19 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well friend you have done it once again! Making adorable little felt cuties is definitely your niche!

bee blessed
mary

Unknown said...

Mary said exactly what I was thinking from the first sentence to the last! You get us so excited about every holiday Elizabeth.

Have a beautiful day....Tracy :)

sassypackrat said...

Squee! So adorable! Love the little reindeer! Thanks so much for taking the time to stop by my blog and leaving me a sweet comment!

genie said...

Yes, YOU HAVE DONE IT AGAIN!!!!! Elizabeth, you are wonderful. I have a HUGE grin on my face and a few goosebumps added on for good measure. How can one lady do so very much? It boggles my mind, my friend. A most happy Sunday to you. I love your post.

XOXOXOOOX

Genie

Cherry Chick said...

Elizabeth,
You ARE the Queen of Felt! and Princess of Chenille. Everything you create is adorable.
I just caught the reference to Gooseberry Patch. Do you still work there? Just curious. Thanks so much for sharing with us all.

Nan said...

Well you just keep topping yourself Elizabeth. I'm printing now...these are just TOOOO cute !!!

Anonymous said...

I love the Reindeer-- how adorable! Thanks so much for sharing your tutorial!

Unknown said...

E,
I am just giggling!!!! Once more you have made a wonderful character for Christmas!!!! I am just getting into fall...you amaze me how you can get "in the mood" so far ahead! :) Those snowflakes are ....sooo cute!!! Love them! And that looks like I could do that....Meri could help with the yo-yos! She could sew and I couldbend the stems!!!!! Everything in your room is so magical!!!!!!

GARAGE SALE GAL said...

TOO STINKIN' SWEET!!!!!!!!!!!
They put the biggest smile on my face!
Happy Sunday!
Warmly,
deb :)

Beedeebabee said...

Your "craft room creations" make me smile too...every time! I'm just in love with all of them! Thanks for the great tutorial, Elizabeth! You know, it figures you would have worked for such an adorable company as Gooseberry Patch. I'm sure you were quite an asset to them! Enjoy the rest of your day, hopefully creating more adorable things! xo Paulette

Kathy @ Creative Home Expressions said...

Aren't they adorable?!? Yes, I could see being so involved that you forgot your own decorations, Elizabeth.

Unknown said...

what a wonderful jolly santa you have created here. puts me in the Christmas mood and not many thigns do that..he is so awesome..

Anonymous said...

Oh I love them! They are so sweet!

Do what makes you happy, hun! Doesn't matter the time of year!

☼ Carolina ☼ said...

que lindos!!
me encanta todo!
buena semana
c@

Lallee said...

What cuteness! I love those stripey legs!

barncat (Lisa) said...

I just knew that Santa would have a few reindeer soon, too cute. Love those little legs!

GardenOfDaisies said...

These little reindeer really are the cutest!!!! LOVE those!
I wish I had your creative brain!! You are blessed my dear!

Unknown said...

Indeed, this realization is a real wonder, thank you for this article in any case.

voyance gratuite

Unknown said...

Great information you got here. I've been reading about this topic for one week now for my papers in school and thank God I found it here in your blog. I had a great time reading this.
voyance gratuitement