Friday, March 22, 2013

The Friendship of E-Mail



When I come to this special place with the light, I will first check to see if I have e-mails needing my attention. I am always so happy to see one I recognize as I know a friend has something to share with me. But every now and again, there will be an e-mail address I don't recognize, there is at first hesitation to see what it will be unveiled.


"Dear Elizabeth, My name is Maddie, and I love your blog!"


And so begins a tentative relationship of questions asked and questions answered. "I hope this day finds you well. Maddie"


It is such an unusual experience to have someone know all about you from reading your blog, but you know not anything about them. Several e-mails will go by before I get up my courage to ask, "May I ask this about you?"


I have learned that Maddie owns her own pet grooming business. I imagine sweet puppy noses to kiss all day long. She has given me so much valuable information about the grooming of my Twirly Swirly Girl's Big White Puppy. I am so grateful for this.


Through e-mails exchanged, one by one, I have learned things about Maddie that have endeared her to me. In purchasing one of my stork Buttonkeepers and Nursery Toys set, it was discovered she has a collection of nursery planters doing double duty as supply holders in her craft room.


That was all I needed to hear! I will be sending her order, but I will also be sending her all of the characters contained within this photo. What an absolute pleasure to have a shared passion. I'm so excited, and hope these will bring joy to her day.


Please do not Pin pattern on Pinterest.

15 comments:

Tammy's in Love said...

I just fainted for several minutes! Ok, I'm back now...I had a cortisone shot in my 'tennis elbow at 7:50 a.m. and am waiting for the magic to happen and it to stop hurting! I think E, that you must be one of the most generous people on the face of the earth! Good heavens, hours and hours of adorable! GOD BLESS YOU!

Erica of Golden Egg Vintage said...

Would it be OK is I take the picture above and make it the header for my blog????
LOL Just kidding! Darn, they are all so cute together!
I agree with Tammy, you are so generous and kind.
I hope you have good magazines to read and have choses a new series to watch as you lie on the couch for a couple of weeks!
I'll be over before you know it!
Hugs to you sweet E!
Erica :)

Erica said...

Wow! What a wonderful gift she will receive. I love your creations, and can't wait to see what you have to share with us each week. Creating so many sweet, kitschy, adorable figures must leave you with a smile that never ends!

laurie -magpie ethel said...

You are going to make Maddie's day! What an adorable nursery scene.

A Little Creation said...

I can't wait to check my blog list after work everyday to check for the words Creative Breathing. As I wait for it to open I wonder what story with sweet pictures is Elizabeth going to tell us today.
Chris =]

My Vintage Mending said...

Sweet E it is always so heart warming to see you craft in my colors of pink and blue. I adore all you have made and of course how expertly so. Miss Maddie will be thrilled with her package...I am keeping you in my thoughts and prayers as you lead up to your mending day....Renee

HollyC said...

How lucky Maddie is! I am sure that she will treasure these dear Nursery characters. It is so much fun to discover new people in blogland! And I love how we are able to keep up with each other via the web. Now I must start on my Nursery characters, for May must be baby month as June is bride month. The wonderful stork is first on my list! Thank you for such beautiful inspiration, Holly

Holly- Cutie Pie Cottage said...

Maddie will be so happy! Your rattle buddy is just too cute! ♥

Sandy McClay said...

Elizabeth,

How sweet, sounds just like you! Have a wonderful weekend! :):)

~Damita's Pretty Wrap~ said...

How sweet!! Miss Madie i'm sure will be absolutely thrilled!! You are soo kind and generous E! Prayers and best wishes for your surgery :) xo Holly

Ina said...

Congratulations, Maddie!! A new friend for miss e and lovely creations for her special room. ;p

VintageBettys said...

So sweet of you Elizabeth! I missed this post. I hope you found out who was selling the lamb? I love you ducky and that lil rattle...everything is adorable as always...You have such a big heart...Good Luck with your surgery....

Laura

SuzyMcQ said...

Hi Elizabeth,
I am relatively new here, but I wanted to wish you a speedy and thorough recovery. You bring so much joy to so many and I am not a bit surprised, that, while many would be concerned only with their upcoming procedure that you continue to think of others and to spread so much light and color and happiness to others! All the best......

kim keller said...

I've been following you for quite some time and admired you for your talents, but also for the generosity of sharing all your patterns. Thank you so much! I've finally gotten up the courage to make the little cupcake, and I have to say, it is so darn cute. Had trouble with the legs so I just sat it on a paper box and finished it off. I made it for a friend's b-day but I don't want to give it away now. Again, Thank you for being such a giving soul.

Claudia said...

Hi Elizabeth:
I check in often, hoping that you'll have a new post - especially now that Christmas is coming.
New posts or not, I hope you are well.